SI Joint Pain in Happy Valley
Dysfunction of SI Joint
Common Symptom Complaints Include –
- Pain on one side of your low back around waist level.
- Pinching or aching sensations near SI joint during movement or positions.
- Pain increases during long periods of standing or sitting.
- Pain reduces with walking and movement.
- Tension or pain in the low back muscles.
- Stiffness or soreness in hamstring muscles.
Quick Tips Before Physical Therapy –
- Use hot packs to relieve tension around sore area.
- Improve your sitting posture with a small lumbar support roll (towel, pillow, etc).
Treatment Examples –
- Gentle correction of any joint malalignment.
- Massage therapy to release muscular tension in the region.
- Prescriptive exercises to maintain optimal SI joint alignment.
- Body mechanics and posture training to prevent future problems.
If SI joint pain has been interfering with your life, call us today to get started on a plan of care that works for you. Ascent Physical Therapy is conveniently located off Sunnyside Road in Happy Valley. We also love treating our neighboring communities of Damascus, Gresham, Clackamas, and Sandy at our top rated physical therapy clinic!